Fashion advisory and proprietary IT products

Petr Fedin

Strategy, economics and transformation for fashion businesses. I put a price on every decision before it becomes a purchase order, surplus stock and frozen capital — and I see the work through to a result.

I work where strategy, commerce, product and data converge on a single number: from market and collection to stock and cash. Alongside advisory, I build my own IT products.

Right now

Syntha now handles deals across multiple legal entities

Relevant experience

Advisory

The outcome is a decision taken and a tool that works in your company, not a report left unread.

Download PDF

Ways to work together

Four formats. Duration, scope and outcome are fixed in advance.

01

Diagnostics

project-based, 4–6 weeks

I analyse your economics: where capital is tied up, what limits growth, which numbers conflict.

Read in full →
02

Owner’s advisor

ongoing, from 3 months

I help you take buying, assortment, channel and capital decisions before they are made, not after.

Read in full →
03

Programme lead

project-based, 4–6 months

When the business loses control, I take over priorities, cross-functional coordination and the difficult negotiations.

Read in full →
04

Data, analytics and PLM

project-based, 3–6 months

I design the full chain, from data sources to the dashboard your decisions rely on.

Read in full →

My projects

My own IT products: I design, build and launch them — in fashion and beyond.

The operating platform for a fashion brand

Brand, retailer and buyer work in one system, from tech pack and showroom to order and actual margin. The commercial core and production module are built; I am preparing a pilot.

Preparing for a pilot

A workplace messenger: conversations, tasks, calls and a calendar in one workspace

A company messenger: conversations, tasks, calls with consented recording, a calendar, a wiki, an org structure and roles. Working prototype; a pilot is next.

Working prototype

Renovation under control

Renovation management in one app: norm-based estimates, stages with acceptance, payments for accepted stages, chats, purchasing and documents. The MVP is built; a closed test is next.

MVP, preparing a closed test

Launch a project

I have taken Syntha, ChatX, Renova and MFW+BFS from idea to working software, and can do the same for you. Choose a format or take the 15-second test.

01

A new idea

project, 4–8 weeks

You have a hypothesis, but no product or team yet. I shape the concept, test it against the numbers and build a working MVP.

Read in full →
02

Analysis and implementation

project, 8–12 weeks

Which off-the-shelf product fits your business? I establish that, then embed it in your processes — with no build from scratch unless one is needed.

Read in full →
03

Transforming what exists

project, 12–16 weeks

Your product or process exists but cannot keep up with the business. I rebuild its architecture and digital set-up around how the company really works.

Read in full →
04

Full cycle: from development to launch

project, 36–48 weeks

I take on the whole product: concept, design, development, testing, launch and handover. One person is accountable, from first hypothesis to users.

Read in full →

For investors and partners

Five products, each at its own stage: what is built, what comes next and whom I am looking for. I quote no figure I do not have.

Preparing for a pilot

The operating platform for a fashion brand

  1. Prototype
  2. Working system
  3. Preparing for a pilot

Looking forSeeking brands and retailers for a pilot, and a go-to-market partner.

Working prototype

A workplace messenger: conversations, tasks, calls and a calendar in one workspace

  1. Prototype
  2. Working prototype

Looking forCompanies ready to move part of their work into ChatX, and an implementation partner.

MVP, preparing a closed test

Renovation under control

  1. MVP
  2. Preparing a closed test

Looking forContractors, crews and clients ready to run a real project in the app.

MVP, ready to demo

Moscow Fashion Week and the BRICS+ Fashion Summit on one platform: two events, one audience, one account

  1. MVP
  2. Demo to organisers
Working prototype, ready to demo

“SOSTOYANIE” — a health and beauty community and annual conference: one route for the whole year

  1. Working prototype
  2. Demo to Promomed

Ways to take partI will consider several formats: equity investment, sponsorship, acquisition of the business or a stake, marketing partnerships and integration with other products. I will discuss terms after the pilot, against agreed metrics and a defined scope.

Feed

Short notes on why I build, whom it serves and what is changing across the projects.

All posts on Telegram →
  1. Syntha now handles deals across multiple legal entities

    Syntha now runs deals across multiple legal entities. In fashion wholesale, a brand, a distributor and a production partner almost never operate through one legal entity, especially when foreign counterparties are in the chain. What changed: Syntha has a legal-entity registry. You can set up Russian and foreign details and run a deal under the right entity, instead of one shared company profile. What it gives you: • A brand with several legal entities runs deals under each of them. • A partner in another jurisdiction works in the same system as everyone else. • Multi-jurisdiction deals are set up correctly.

    Synthalegal entitiesproduct
    Read in full →
  2. Renova closes the loop on project participants

    Renova has closed the loop on project participants. A renovation lead and a working project were loosely connected: turning an inquiry into a project with a contractor, a client and a schedule meant checking by hand who was who. What changed: Managing project participants and converting a lead into active work now happen as a single operation. It has been tested under simultaneous use: two sessions at once do not drift apart in the data. The core mechanism is built and tested; the full contractor journey – payments, documents, messaging – is still ahead. What it gives you: • An inquiry becomes a project without manual checking. • Records of who runs a site no longer get lost at the seam between lead and project. • Two people can work on one project at once without conflicts.

    Renovaproductparticipants
    Read in full →
  3. ChatX now has a company wiki

    ChatX now has a company wiki. Knowledge is usually kept everywhere except the messenger: pinned messages, files on a drive, in the heads of the longest-serving staff. What changed: A shared wiki – pages the whole team can edit, with full edit history. You can see who changed what and roll back to an earlier version. What it gives you: • A decision or process discussed in a channel is kept alongside it, not in a separate service. • Knowledge is not tied to one person. • Any edit can be rolled back.

    ChatXwikiproduct
    Read in full →

Get in touch

Describe the task: advisory, a product launch, partnership or investment. I reply within one working day.

Writing as

Please provide your name and at least one contact method: email, Telegram or phone.

File Attach a brief, a deck or a spreadsheet — up to 20 MB

For press and event organisers

Everything needed for a programme or a comment, ready to use.

Short

Petr Fedin advises fashion businesses on economics and transformation. He is the founder of the IT products Syntha, ChatX and Renova.

Full

Petr Fedin works in fashion where strategy, commerce, product, data and capital meet. He has many years of management experience in large multi-brand retail: open-to-buy, assortment matrix, demand forecasting, margin and stock turn. He leads diagnostics, growth strategy and turnaround work, and builds his own IT products — Syntha, ChatX, Renova and others.

Portrait for publication

Download photo

Speaking and comment topics

  • Buying economics and the return of capital
  • Budgeting and open-to-buy
  • Building analytics: from data to decisions
  • The metrics that drive fashion retail
  • Merchandise planning and inventory control
  • The retail cycle and working with the customer
  • Marketplaces and omnichannel selling
  • The Russian fashion market: what is changing
  • PLM and a brand’s digital architecture
  • Managing through a crisis and returning to growth
  • From advisory to product: how Syntha, ChatX and Renova were built
Write to me
Petr Fedin